Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

Of Stress and Less

Today there was an article in the Times that says that people who have pets are not actually healthier or happier than those without. I have to say I totally disagree with it because what they have failed to take into aaccount is the level of involvement of the people concerned.

Obviously if you have a dog and dont care for it as part of your family it's effect on your well being is going to be minimal. I believe, from experience, that if you love your dog as much as you can - his/her influence can be as therapeutic and stress busting as any other remedy thats on offer.

I still recall my mother telling me, three months after Beagle and Pug came into my home, how relaxed and stress free I looked and even today Husband constantly comments on how, when he comes home after a rotten day at work, the welcome they give him just makes it all go away.

I am sure you all agree with me on this one, and for all the good they give us - Here's to pets! at home and beyond!

No comments: